CEMS Business Projects 2022 Final Presentations
On Friday, May 20, 2022, CEMS students, corporate partners, and academic tutors gathered to present the results of their Business Projects. This year, the final presentations took place in hybrid form with most participants joining the event in person at VSE. For the first time, students are also voting for the best Business Project and thus have a chance to affect the nomination for the CEMS Business Project of the Year.
There was a total of 9 teams, each working on a project from a different corporate partner, including two cross-border projects:
- x-border Business Project with Google – 6 students from 3 CEMS universities – VŠE, CUB (Corvinus University Budapest), and LSE (London School of Economics) worked on the topic ‘How Google Czechia can support Ukrainian Refugees in The Czech Republic’,
- x-border Business Project with Hilti – 6 students from 3 CEMS universities – VŠE, CUB (Corvinus University Budapest), and SGH (Warsaw School of Economics) worked on the topic ‘Reality capture on the jobsite to increase productivity’.
Photogallery – Online Opening Presentations on February 16, 2022
Photogallery – Final Presentations on May 20, 2022
Business Project within the CEMS Programme
The Business Project is a consultancy-like project. International teams of 4-6 students solve a real business problem as a one-semester part-time activity tutored by both the company and an academic tutor in parallel. Business projects reinforce the CEMS partnership between universities, students, and companies. It amounts to 15 ECTS.
Students are thus offered the opportunity:
- to gain insight into business life
- to train their analytical and problem-solving skills
- to apply research methods
- to transfer theoretical knowledge into practice
- to learn process management
- to acquire social skills
- to get to know potential employers and re-define their professional goals
Students are expected:
- to take responsibility for the project
- to strive for the best results
- to share the workload equally within the team
- to communicate well with their tutors
Project results are evaluated by academic and corporate supervisors. Students write a report and give an oral presentation, both as a group.
Topics for Summer Term 2021/2022:
9 international CEMS student teams presented the following topics:
Student teams also present the results of their Business Projects to the top management of a particular company.
VŠE CEMS Team would like to thank all the students, company representatives, and tutors for their efforts throughout the whole term.