Course pre-registration for Summer Semester 2022 will take place January 3 – January 24, 2023 (see the individual deadlines below). During this time, students have to register for all the classes they want to study.
You need to register for all courses at the Prague University of Economics and Business through the university information system InSIS. No other option!!!
It consists of 3 stages:
The pre-registration serves to collect the interests of students in courses. If you do not show an interest in the course, you have basically no chance to register it after the pre-registration is closed (only if there are remaining free places in the “Enrolment stage” – see below).
The pre-registration will be running January 3 – January 24, 2023, 23:59 CEST. At this stage, students show their interest in the courses they wish to study. It is absolutely necessary to pre-register for courses she/he would like to take. It is possible to pre-register also for a course, for which the system displays “there is no free capacity anymore”. Since the pre-registration is a system of orders, there is no time competition among students, there is no first come first served basis – you can pre-register the courses also on the last day and it will have no impact on your participation at the courses.
If you miss the pre-registration – you will have no courses to study at the University!!
You should choose courses for at least 15 ECTS (a maximum of two intensive courses!).
Be careful!! If you order more courses and you get them confirmed during the automated registration, you have to study them! If not, it means you failed and you will have the grade written on your Transcript of Records (that will be sent to your home university directly). We recommend to register the courses you really want/need to study, and if, after the first automated registration you won’t get them, you can register them during the registration period if there is a free spot.
→ Pictures: Pre-Registration
The video link above will take you to the Pre-Registration video guide. To be able to view the video, you will need to sign in to Office 365 using your InSIS firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Automated registration
Automated registration is a process where the student is not involved. During this time, the registration to courses is not open.
Each course has its capacity, in the pre-registration phase, all students select their wished courses and their planned schedules. Then, the automated registration takes place and compares the students’ demand and the capacity of the course and select the students (based on several criteria) that will be registered.
- If there is a confirmed time, the course is registered.
- If there is “not registered”, the course is not registered.
You can delete courses after the automated registration BUT you cannot end up with fewer credits than the system put through the automated registration – e.g. you registered for courses of the total amount of 30 ECTS, after the automated registration you have 28 ECTS. So that is the minimum you have to study during the semester. You can add courses and delete another but you have to have still 28 ECTS as a minimum.
The enrolment is a stage after the automated registration where students can only enrol in courses where free spots are available.
This stage is based on time competition, first come, first served! (See the time schedule of the registration – time and date for changes based on the year of study). The free spots are visible in brackets. Student can see, whether she/he was enrolled or not once she/he enters the enrollment. If the student was not enrolled automatically, she/he needs to be fast and compete with others for the free spots.
During the enrollment stage, the student is able to add pre-registered courses to her/his previously planned schedule, if there is free capacity. However, you cannot delete courses, if it means that you will not achieve the number of ECTS you were automatically accepted according to your pre-registration order and you were signed up for!!!
There are 3 rounds – each round has its own rules:
Please, take note the exact date and time of registration depends on your level (semester) of studies. You can find the schedule of registrations based on your current semester of studies here.
Dates of registration and courses enrolment for the Summer Semester 2022/23:
|Pre-registration of courses||January 3 – January 24, 2023 (from 8:00 till 23:59 CEST)|
|Automated registration – system is closed for changes||January 30, 2023|
|1st round of registration||January 31, February 1 – 2, 2023|
|Automated registration – system is closed for changes||February 3, 2023|
|2nd round of registration||February 4, 6, 7, 2023|
|Automated registration – system is closed for changes||February 8, 2023|
|3rd round of registration||February 9 – 11, 2023|
|Drop/Add period**||February 13 – 17, 2023|
|Fall semester classes start||February 13, 2023|
* no courses can be dropped after that date! Please plan your changes of courses accordingly.
- taught a few days during the semester on an intensive basis, in majority by hosting lecturers from other universities
- check carefully the timetable of the course which is inserted in the timetable in the section “NOTE”
- the day of the teaching mentioned in the timetable is the first day of the teaching only!
- Exchange students are only allowed to take a maximum of 2 intensive courses per semester
- You should manage your registration of the intensive courses carefully – it is very likely that an intensive course will overlap with another regular course. If you are going to be absent in a regular course, you should let the respective lecturer know beforehand. Usually in the regular course, there are 1-2 absences possible – always check with your lecturer first!
- a) those, you can choose already during the pre-registration
- The course schedule indicates the day when the course starts, however in the course “NOTE” it is stated when the course is actually being taught (the “NOTE” is available in the syllabus next to the timetable of the course).
- Registration through regular course registration – Course Registration Guide (in pictures) here.
b) those, you can choose during the semester (i.e. Extra-semestral courses)
- Offered usually during or after semester period, announced by Exchange office
- Registration through the extra-semestral course registration
International students can choose from a wide range of sports courses offered by the Prague University of Economics and Business, for free (the same courses are also offered to the Czech students, which means you can meet new friends from the Czech Republic very easily there).
Each semester you can choose one sports course during the registration of courses in InSIS (each course is of 0 credits value).
We advise contacting the teacher of the respective sport course well in advance to ask whether it is suitable for an English speaking student (sometimes there might be a problem regarding the instructions given during the course – e.g. pilates, etc.).
More information: https://ctvs.vse.cz/english/.