The programme comprises 120 ECTS spread over a 2 year academic period. The first academic year covers the requirements set by the CEMS MIM programme.
The main parts of the CEMS MIM programme are to be fulfilled by the end of the first academic year and consists of:
- Block Seminar (1-week)
- Global Citizenship (2-day)
- Skill seminars (2 days)
- Management and Business Communication Skills Seminar (MBC Seminar) OR CEMS Skill Seminar
- Business project
- Exchange semester at selected CEMS partner university
- Mandatory and elective courses according to Study Plan
The first year of studies can not be interrupted.
During the second academic year students are expected to:
- Actively attend and successfully finish remaining mandatory and elective courses
- Pass the second language exam (non-English)
- Write and submit a diploma thesis
- Pass the state exam in Microeconomics (not applicable from Academic Year 2020/21)
- Actively attend and successfully finish courses in Minor Field + Pass the Minor Field Comprehensive Exam
- Pass the state exam in Major Study Field – Corporate Finance, International Strategy and International Marketing
- Pass the mandatory 8-week internship abroad
Applicants/students may see their study plan in force in the InSIS database: Study information – Study plans. By selecting the type of degree of E, the corresponding academic year of enrollment, the Master continuing of Economics and Management and International Management there appears the catalogue of all courses included in groups of subjects (always via the button “View”).
The study plan in InSIS is the essential reference source of information about the structure of study that students need to meet for the successful completion of the programme.
An official document of reference for CEMS students:
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2021/2022
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2020/2021
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2019/2020
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2018/2019
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2017/2018
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2016/2017
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2015/2016
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2014/2015
- CEMS MIM Student Guide 2013/2014
If a student is missing ECTS to fulfil the minimum of 24 ECTS requirements in Term 1 or Term 2, they can sign for Research Project. The Research Project is evaluated by 6 ECTS (only counted into CEMS MIM requirements, not part of ECTS completed at VSE) upon its completion. It can only be done under ongoing research supervised by:
- Ladislav Tyll, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniela Pauknerová, email@example.com
- Marek Hudík, firstname.lastname@example.org
For the registration details and deadlines contact the CEMS Programme Manager Ms Martina Čížková.