Course pre-registration for Spring Semester 2019 (SS 2019) will take place January 3 – 22, 2019. During this time, students have to register for all the classes they want to study.
The registration of courses at the VSE, has to be effected through the university information system InSIS. No other option!!!
3 stages of course registration:
For the time frame of the stages, please see the Academic Calendar.
The pre-registration: it serves to collect the interests of students in courses. If you do not show an interest in the course, you have basically no chance to register it after the pre-registration is closed (only if there are remaining free places in the “Enrolment stage” – see below).
The pre-registration will be opened January 3 – 22, 2019. At this stage, through the pre-registration, students show their interest in the courses they wish to study. It is absolutely compulsory that a student pre-register for courses she/he would like to take. It is possible to pre-register also for a course, for which the system shows “there is no free capacity anymore”. Since the pre-registration is a system of orders, there is no time competition among the students, there is no first come first served basis – you can pre-register the courses also the last day and it will have no impact on the fact if you are included into participants.
If you miss the pre-registration – you will have no courses to study at VSE!!
You should choose courses at least for 15 ECTS (a maximum of two intensive courses!).
Moreover, bear in mind that the exact amount of ECTS credits depends on requirements of your home university! Be careful!! If you order more courses and you get them confirmed during the automated registration, you have to study them! If not, it means you failed and you will have the grade written on your Transcript of Records (that will be sent to your home university directly). We recommend to register the courses you really want/need to study, and if, after the first automated registration you won’t get them, you can register them during the registration period if there is a free spot.
→ Pictures: Pre-Registration
The video link above will take you to the Pre-Registration video guide. To be able to view the video, you will need to sign in to Office 365 using your InSIS email@example.com.
Automated registration is a process where the student is not involved. During this time, the registration to courses is not open.
Each course has its capacity, in the pre-registration phase all students select their wished courses and their planned schedules. Then, the automated registration takes place and compares the students’ demand and the capacity of the course and select the students (based on several criteria) that will be registered.
You can delete courses after the automated registration BUT you cannot end up with less credits that the system put through the automated registration – e.g. you registered for courses of total amount of 30 ECTS, after the automated registration you have 27 ECTS. So that is the minimum you have to study during the semester. You can add courses and delete another but you have to have still 27 ECTS as minimum.
The enrollment is a stage after the automated registration where students can only enroll in courses where free spots are available.
This stage is based on time competition, first come, first served! (See the time schedule of the registration Spring Semester 2019 – time and date for changes based on the year of study). The free places are visible in brackets. – Student can see whether she/he was enrolled or not once she/he enters the enrollment. – If the student was not enrolled automatically, she/he needs to be fast and compete with the others for the free places.
During the registration InSIS makes internal technical processes and during this time, the registration to courses is not open. The enrollment starts on January 29, 2019. During the enrollment stage, the student is able to add courses to her/his previously planned schedule, if there is a free capacity. However, you cannot delete courses, if it means that you will not achieve the amount of ECTS you were automatically accepted according to your pre-registration order and you were signed up for!!!
- taught few days during the semester on intensive basis, in majority by hosting lecturers from another universities
- check carefully the time table of the course which is inserted in the timetable in the section “NOTE”
- the day of the teaching mentioned in the time table is the first day of the teaching only!
- Exchange students are only allowed to take a maximum of 2 intensive courses per semester
- You should manage your registration of the intensive courses carefully – it is very likely that an intensive course will overlap with another regular course. If you are going to be absent in a regular course, you should let the respective lecturer know beforehead. Usually in the regular course, there are 1-2 absences possible – always check with your lecturer first!
a) those, you can choose already during the pre-registration
- Course schedule indicates the day when the course starts, however in the course “NOTE” it is stated when the course is actually being taught (the “NOTE” is available in the syllabus next to the timetable of the course).
- Registration through regular course registration – Course Registration Guide (in pictures) here.
b) those, you can choose during the semester (i.e. Extra-semestral courses)
- Offered usually during or after semester period, announced by Exchange office
- Registration through the extra-semestral course registration
classes are held once a week. For registration contact the respective teacher through email.
More information can be found on this website.