CEMS Business Projects Kick-off Presentations
On February 19, 2020, the CEMS course Business Project (BP) for the Summer Term 2019/20 was launched. Total of 9 CEMS Corporate Partners along with VSE representatives gathered to introduce 9 BP topics to 32 CEMS students.
The Business Project is a consultancy-like project. This year, 9 international teams of 4 students solve a real business problem as a one-semester part-time activity tutored by both the company and a professor in parallel. Based on last year’s great success two cross-border projects with Hilti and Google were introduced again.
Each CEMS student has to carry out a Business Project during Term 2. It amounts to 15 ECTS, which is about 50 % of Term 2’s workload. Business projects reinforce the CEMS partnership between universities, students and companies.
The photo gallery can be browsed here.
Companies introduced 9 BP topics for Term 2 2019/2020:
Students are thus offered the opportunity to:
- gain insight into business life,
- train their analytical and problem-solving skills,
- apply research methods,
- transfer theoretical knowledge into practice,
- learn process management,
- acquire social skills,
- get to know potential employers and re-define their professional goals.
Students are expected to:
- take responsibility for the project,
- strive for the best results,
- share the workload equally within the team,
- communicate well with their tutors.
Project results are evaluated by academic and corporate supervisors. Students write a report and give an oral presentation, both as a group. Final presentations will be held on Friday, May 22, 2020, at VSE.