CEMS Business Projects Kick-off Presentations
On February 13, 2019 the CEMS course Business Project (BP) for the Summer Term 2018/2019 was launched. 8 CEMS Corporate partners together with VSE representatives gathered to introduce 8 BP topics to 29 CEMS students.
The Business Project is a consultancy-like project. 8 international teams of 4-5 students solve a real business problem as a one-semester part-time activity tutored by both the company and a professor in parallel. Each CEMS student has to carry out a Business Project during Term 2. It amounts to 15 ECTS, which is about 50 % of Term 2’s workload. Business projects reinforce the CEMS partnership between universities, students and companies.
The photo-gallery can be seen here.
Companies introduced 8 BP topics for Term 2 2018/2019:
Students are thus offered the opportunity to:
- gain insight into business life
- train their analytical and problem-solving skills
- apply research methods
- transfer theoretical knowledge into practice
- learn process management
- acquire social skills
- get to know potential employers and re-define their professional goals
Students are expected to:
- take responsibility for the project
- strive for the best results
- share the workload equally within the team
- communicate well with their tutors
Project results are evaluated by the academic and corporate supervisors. Students write a report and give an oral presentation, both as a group. Final presentations will be held on May 17, 2019 at VSE.