CEMS Business Projects 2018 Final Presentations
On Friday, May 18, 2018, International Management/CEMS students, corporate partners and academic tutors gathered at the University of Economics, Prague to present the results of their Business Projects. Each students’ presentation was followed by comments from the corporate representative and the tutor, fellow students asked many questions.
Business Project within the CEMS Programme
The Business Project is a consultancy-like project. At the beginning of the semester, companies suggested eleven topics for students. International teams of 3 students (this year we also had one team consisting of only 2 members) solve a real business problem as a one-semester part-time activity tutored by both the company and an academic tutor in parallel. Business projects reinforce the CEMS partnership between universities, students and companies. It amounts to 15 ECTS.
Students are thus offered the opportunity:
- to gain insight into business life
- to train their analytical and problem-solving skills
- to apply research methods
- to transfer theoretical knowledge into practice
- to learn process management
- to acquire social skills
- to get to know potential employers and re-define their professional goals
Students are expected:
- to take responsibility for the project
- to strive for the best results
- to share the workload equally within the team
- to communicate well with their tutors
Project results are evaluated by the academic and corporate supervisors. Students write a report and give an oral presentation, both as a group.
Topics for Summer Term 2017/2018:
11 international CEMS student teams presented following topics:
VŠE CEMS Team would like to thank all the students, company representatives, and tutors for their efforts through the whole term!