Coronavirus Situation Updates
Down below you can find all the measures that were adopted due to the current situation of the spread of the COVID-19 disease.
If some of the information is not in accordance, the most current information is always the valid one.
For all the up-to-date information regarding a foreign-nationals’ stay in the Czech Republic, please, follow the Ministry of the Interior website.
March 26, 2020 – Information for Current Students
- Based on the directive of the Czech Government, the educational institutions will be closed for classroom teaching at least till mid-May. In our case, it means that the rest of the semester will be organized in the distance/on-line mode as we are doing now.
- At the same time, the plan of the VSE rector is to re-open the school campus for final “state” exams and thesis defences already from April 2. Exams and defences of the CEMS students are planned for June 2020. The deadline for thesis submission remains as planned, i.e., May 13, 2020. We do not require hard copies to be delivered to the university. It is enough to submit the thesis only via InSIS and notify about it your thesis supervisor. The slots for thesis defense, as well as major/minor final exams, will be announced shortly. Please, check the cems website regularly.
- In case your thesis is based on qualitative research, interviews, etc. which cannot be conducted on-line for some reasons, you may postpone the thesis submission till the end of August with its defence in September/October 2020 or you may change the topic of your thesis. In these exceptional cases approved by the thesis supervisor (putting the Academic Director and Programme Coordinator in CC), there will be no tuition charged in case you manage to defend it in those months. The same principle will also be applied for those students who will not be able to attend physically final exams in June due to travel restrictions.
- Individual course instructors will update you regarding the organization of final exams in their respected courses. The Academic Director has instructed all of the instructors to enable on-line way of testing / oral exams etc. In case of any trouble, please, address your concerns to the Academic Director.
- There are also often questions by second-year students regarding skill seminars in order to be able to graduate. CEMS is planning together with V4, Dach, and Nordic Forum teams some virtual skill seminars. The students may expect more information regarding dates and other relevant information soon.
- Business projects final presentations in school will be held on May 22 as originally planned, which is after the expected date of reopening of the university for students.
March 26, 2020 – Information for 2nd Intake Applicants
- Due to the impossibility to obtain a GMAT/GRE score, the CEMS VSE Office has decided that all the 2nd intake applicants will undergo the same form of online Assessment Centre as the 1st intake applicants did this year. This exception is only applicable for the year 2020, therefore the applicants applying until April 30, 2020. If you already have GMAT/GRE, deliver the proof along with your application. It will be considered as a supporting document for your application.
March 24, 2020 – Information for Applicants
- It is now possible to send your application via email to email@example.com. Please, always send your application in the [PDF] format.
March 20, 2020 – Information for Applicants
- The deadline for submitting proof of English proficiency (applies for both 1st intake and 2nd intake) and GMAT/GRE score (applies for 2nd intake) is postponed. Please, consult your individual situation with the Programme Coordinator via email.
- Also, it is exceptionally allowed to send the required documents in [PDF] including your application to the Programme Coordinator via email. For overall information regarding the admission procedure see the respective website.
March 16, 2020 – Confirmation of Study
- As of Friday, March 13, students can generate an electronic confirmation of study (PDF file) in InSIS, which will be digitally signed automatically. This digital signature verifies the validity of the document, the file should be accepted by all authorities and companies as well as the standard paper confirmation with a stamp.The procedure is simple: In Student’s Portal go to the Confirmation of Study application and click on the new Electronic Confirmation of Study button. The confirmation of study is generated and forwarded to background digital signing. Within an hour, the digitally signed file will be available for download in your Document server.An electronic confirmation of study is issued for the current semester. Confirmation can be in Czech or English – the language depends on whether you have set up Czech or English language environment in InSIS.The authenticity of the signature can be verified in standalone PDF viewing applications such as Acrobat Reader. The digital signature cannot be validated when viewing the file in a web browser.
In case you need a confirmation of study in a paper form, you can get a PDF file on a USB flash drive to the CzechPoint contact point (post office, most municipalities), and here for a modest fee to print an officially certified copy.
March 10, 2020 – Cancellation of Classes
- Due to an extraordinary measure of the Ministry of Health, which forbids the personal presence of students in classes with effect from March 11, 2020, the Rector of the University of Economics decided to cancel all lessons in all premises of the University of Economics, Prague and Jindřichův Hradec. The events of student associations and organizations that were supposed to take place in the school premises were cancelled.