Admission Requirements 2018/2019
During the admission procedure the selection jury takes into account academic results, motivation to study, extracurricular activities, focus on international business environment, existing experience and knowledge of two foreign languages (of which is English on a high level).
The application deadline for the academic year 2018/2019 is on February 28, 2018. Administration fee 50 EUR (or 1.390 CZK) has to be paid by the application deadline. To apply between December 1, 2017 - February 28, 2018, please, fill in the application in the form below, which will direct you further:
What requirements do students have to meet to be eligible to apply?
1. Proof of academic preparation:
Students have either receive Bachelor’s degree in Management or Economics or related field or they will have passed the equivalent of one year of full time education (60 ECTS) at Master’s level in any of these areas by June 30, 2018 (exceptionally by August 25, 2018 at the latest).
Students should prove passing of following subjects or equivalents:
- Economics (appx. 8 ECTS)
- Mathematics and Statistics ( appx. 6 ECTS each)
- Management and Marketing (appx. 3 ECTS each)
- Accounting (appx. 3 ECTS)
2. Any of the following proof of proficiency in English (if not mother tongue) by February 28, 2018:
- TOEFL iBT ≥ 100
- IELTS ≥ 7.0 or higher (both modules – IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic – are accepted)
- CPE A or B or C
- CAE – A or B
- BEC Higher – A or B
- Bachelor’s Degree in English only if fully studied in an English speaking country or from a CEMS member school or from an EQUIS/AACSB accredited school.
There is no need to demonstrate an original or certified copy of the certificate, “ordinary” copy or print screen (with visible name and the final result) is a sufficient alternative.
3. Submitting of the required documents by February 28, 2018:
- Application form (= print screen of Personal information page from InSIS e-application is sufficient, for more details see Applications)
- Structured C.V. in English (max 2 A4 pages)
- Motivation letter in English (max 1 A4 pages)
- English language certificate (see above)
- Any available second foreign language certifications such as confirmation of language study at the university or language school, language certificate
- Transcript of records including total weighted study average (please, highlight the required courses mentioned above)
- Bachelor diploma (if already applicable)
- Conclusive evidence of work experience listed in the C.V. (a copy of the contract, reference letter, etc.)
- Or other relevant supporting materials such as photocopies of awards, certificates or any other relevant documents.
These documents (in English, Czech or Slovak language) have to be sent by mail to the following address:
University of Economics, Prague
Faculty of Business Administration – CEMS Office
W. Churchill sq. 4
130 67 Prague 3
Students can also deliver the printed application form with all the required documents to Mrs. Vítečková, office RB 525 (Rajská Building), office hours Mo – Thu 10:00 – 12:00, Mo + Thu 14:00 – 15:00.
The jury will evaluate all completed applications during the first round of admission procedure. Applicants who advance to the 2nd round (max. 80 participants) will participate in an assessment center during March 21 – 27, 2018 (1 day per each participant). The assessment center takes place at the University of Economics, Prague and a personal participation is a must! Max. 55 participants can be admitted.
The tuition fee of International Management Programme amounts to 1.800 EUR per academic year. The fee is the same for EU as for non-EU students.